A Special Valentine Just for Him
Some say that the way to a man’s heart is through their stomach.
This Valentine’s Day, cook up something extra special - and extra delicious - when you prepare this special Porterhouse T-bone Steak with TBJ Sauce dinner, for you and your valentine.
Setting The Mood
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to start planning how you'd like to celebrate your romantic day together. Much like last year, many couples are opting to celebrate safely at home with their loved one.
Making it a personal night to remember will take a bit of creativity. Close your eyes and picture how you'd like the evening to be. Have fun with the details!
With early planning you can set the mood to create a truly beautiful night.
- Light candles and dim the lights and enjoy the romantic glow.
- Spread out your favorite tablecloth, and center your table with chocolates and rose petals.
- Create a playlist of music, filled with songs that remind you of moments you've shared together.
- Set out your favorite tableware. Simple is sweet, with a nod to Valentine’s Day.
For the dinner:
- Gather all fresh ingredients ahead of time.
- Pair your special dinner with a beautiful wine and fresh bread.
- Don’t forget dessert!
Chef Michael Oraschewsky, co-founder and CEO of TBJ Gourmet, loves to tinker with sweet and savory bacon combinations. Yumm!
His Porterhouse steak with TBJ Steak Sauce recipe below is sure to win over your special man, with the flavors of bacon paired with delicious steak. And, if you are wondering how to cook a porterhouse steak, with this recipe, you’ll find that it is surprisingly easy to make!
Porterhouse Steak with TBJ Steak Sauce
What goes well with steak? Bacon!
And not just any bacon… but…Black Peppercorn Bacon Jam!
Savory jam recipes are always a hit, and this gourmet jam recipe is sure to please!
You can buy uncured bacon jam - like the fabulous TBJ bacon jam spread - at retailers near you.
There are so many other uses for bacon jam, like bacon jam burgers, etc. You can go to the TBJ website for even more delicious ideas on what to do with bacon jam.
This simple prime steak dinner with bacon recipe is spot on:
Steak Marinade Sauce:
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons Black Peppercorn Bacon Jam
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
dash of hot sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil (or another neutral oil)
1 1/2-2lbs. porterhouse steak
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a medium bowl, place ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Black Peppercorn Bacon Jam, onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar, and hot sauce and whisk until combined and blended. Wrap the bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is shimmering hot, carefully place the steak in the skillet and sear for 2 minutes per side or until deeply caramelized.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt, spooning the melted butter over the steak until further caramelized.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve with steak sauce on the side.
Savor the Love
Everyone loves to be shown how much they are loved and appreciated on Valentine’s Day, and preparing a special meal for your sweetheart will show them just how important they are to you. With this unique recipe, you’re sure to have a delicious February 14th to always remember.