Grilled Whole Chicken and Corn
Everyone needs a recipe for a summer dinner dish that is both super easy to make and also super satisfying.
Well, grilled whole chicken on the grill is just that - a breeze to make and simply delicious! It’s a perfect summer meal!
Whole chicken cooked on the grill is not only scrumptious, it's also a very healthy dinner choice for your family. The barbecue oven-roasts the lean meat chicken at a high temperature - with no frying involved. The excess fat literally drops off. So, it is much lower in calories.
Cooking a whole chicken in the barbecue involves very few steps. Simply turn on the barbecue, rinse your whole chicken, coat your chicken in delicious marinade and grill. Simple - easy peasy!
It’s A Tale As Old As Time
Grilling whole chickens is literally a piece of history - it can be traced back all the way to the 17th century. The Arawak tribe of the Caribbean and South America cooked whole chickens (and other meats) on sticks over an open fire (the first “barbecues”). They enjoyed the juicy and tender meat and the convenience of its size and portability.
It’s A Perfect Date For Bacon
Who doesn’t love both chicken and Bacon? Who doesn’t love bacon and chicken together at the same time? Add some grilled corn for a sweet side, and sign me up for bacon jam chicken!
If you are wondering what to serve with grilled chicken other than corn, we suggest:
- Watermelon and feta salad
- Rice pilaf
- Smashed red potatoes
- Seasoned french fries
- Garlicky zucchini and squash
- Sweet potato puree
TBJ Gourmet makes the most amazing bacon jams that are the perfect complement to a whole grilled chicken. They also suggest the best grilled whole chicken recipes.
Here is a grilled whole chicken recipe that explains how to cook whole chicken on a grill. It will be sure to please all of your family and friends.
Here is the TBJ Gourmet chicken and corn recipe recipe:
Grilled Whole Chicken with Bacon Jam and a side of Corn
1 whole chicken
4 tbsp Butter - room temperature
1 jar of TBJ Bacon Jam
Corn on the cob, shucked
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of dill
- Turn on the barbecue grill.
- While it warms….Rinse whole chicken, removing any packaging.
- Brush room temperature butter onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper onto the chicken.
- Brush on the TBJ Bacon Jam of your choice, all over the chicken. (*This combo is also perfect for a whole chicken marinade for grilling)
- Rinse your shucked corn.
- Butter your corn. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and dill. Set aside.
- How to grill a whole chicken - Place the chicken on the grill for about 45-60 minutes - until the internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Add the seasoned corn on the cob about 10 minutes before the chicken looks done. Grill until lightly charred - about ten minutes.
- Remove chicken and corn from the grill. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Slice chicken and serve with corn.
The Final Sweet Bite
Grilled chicken and corn on the cob is always a fav - add bacon jam and it’ll be sure to be an instant hit!
This BBQ chicken recipe is the perfect complement to a warm summer night. Add some soft rolls and a glass of chilled wine, and you are sure to have a simple relaxing evening that is truly satisfying to your taste buds.
*Be sure to visit TBJ gourmet for more recipes with bacon jam, bbq bacon jam ideas, and uncured bacon jam uses.