Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Sticky Summer Shrimp!
Are you looking for a new summer-time shrimp recipe?
Look no further - try our new shrimp lettuce wrap recipe! It’s so easy and delicious!
The secret to these great shrimp salad wraps is in the sauce. The juicy shrimp are completely covered in the sweet and sticky sauce. It’s made with some sweet honey, fresh garlic, sweet ginger, and TBJ Bacon Jam - of course!
With this unique and delicious sauce, you’ll enjoy succulent shrimp lettuce wraps that your entire family will be sure to love! The shrimp wraps are super satisfying, and it really is an easy and quick dinner.
Healthy Shrimp Wrap Ideas
Shrimp lettuce wraps are not only quick to make, they are also a super healthy summer meal!
The wraps are filled with healthy ingredients that are low on calories and low on pesky carbs - and ready in less than 15 minutes!
Less than 15 minutes means it’s an easy go-to summer meal - perfect for busy moms, quick dinners on the beach, and people on the go! Kids love them, too.
Serve your juicy shrimp on crunchy lettuce leaves. What is the best lettuce to use for wraps? Butter lettuce, for sure!
You can serve your wraps arranged beautifully by spreading them out on a large plate - letting the food be the star. They are an easy finger-food placed right in the center of your family table.
Another clever idea is to create a “wrap bar”.
A wrap bar allows your family and guests to build their wraps however they’d like. Have fun with this! Use cute bowls for a variety of colorful and exciting add-ons.
Set your wrap bar up on a separate side table with a pretty summery cloth and twinkly summer lights.
Add ons for your shrimp wraps with lettuce:
- Shredded carrots and thinly sliced cucumbers
- Thinly sliced avocado for shrimp avocado lettuce wraps
- Finely chopped scallions
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- A squeeze of lime
- Add sriracha for some heat
- And….Bacon jam - to give it that extra special something!
There are many crispy shrimp lettuce wraps recipes to try, and many ways to change things up. There are also many side dishes that work well with shrimp lettuce wraps. Serve them with corn on the cob, a crispy salad, bean salads, rice dishes and more.
Here is a fun recipe from TBJ Gourmet:
The Shrimp Wrap Recipe
*We’ve adapted this healthy shrimp wraps recipe
from a great one we found on The Modern Proper.
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Sesame oil
- ½ cup of TBJ Gourmet Bacon Jam
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp of Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of Water
- 2 lbs of fresh Shrimp, deveined, tails removed
- 1 bag of Asian chopped salad kit, dressing packet discarded
- 1-2 heads of butter lettuce
- Cilantro, chopped, optional
- Sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl mix the water with the cornstarch.
- Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, TBJ Bacon Jam, honey, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the sauce to the pan and bring it to a simmer.
- Toss in the shrimp and sauté until pink, about 5-8 minutes.
- Fill each butter lettuce leaf with a small amount of shredded cabbage-slaw from the salad kit. For your easy shrimp lettuce wraps, add a scoop of the sticky honey garlic shrimp, sprinkle with cilantro, sesame seeds and a little extra sauce for spicy shrimp lettuce wraps, if desired.
- Serve your shrimp taco lettuce wraps while warm.
- Serves 6-8 people. Enjoy!
A Flexible and Fun Recipe
You can adapt this grilled shrimp lettuce wraps recipe in many ways! You can create any type of seafood lettuce wraps - try it with your seafood favs! Also, try building chicken or steak wraps. They are also delicious and perfect for summer!
Always adjust the ingredients to your liking and needs, and be sure to visit TBJ Gourmet for more exciting summer recipe ideas that include delicious bacon jams!