Sticky Chicken Rice Bowl
Are you looking for a delicious family dinner with a bacon jam twist?
Well, we have the recipe for you - a Sticky Chicken Rice Bowl with a touch of Bacon Jam!
Sticky Chicken Rice Bowl with a touch of Bacon Jam
A Sticky Chicken Rice Bowl is a perfect (and delicious!) 30-minute meal, and everyone loves Asian rice bowls.
This meal is a wonderful and tasty combo of sweet jasmine rice with tender chicken pieces that are covered in an incredible thick and sticky sauce - with a TBJ Gourmet bacon jam twist.
Trust us - this meal is sure to be your favorite, go-to sweet and spicy chicken recipe. The bacon jam adds something special to the sauce - so much richer than other rice bowl sauces. It’s also super easy to make.
This easy Asian chicken recipe is fast too. It's ready to serve to your family and friends in just 30 minutes!
The Perfect Comfort Food
It’s Sweet. It’s Spicy! It’s Sticky!
A sticky chicken rice bowl is really the perfect comfort food, and it is sure to please even the pickiest of guests.
Chicken dinners are always a regular meal in many households. One of the easiest ways to serve up baked chicken pieces is to cover your chicken pieces up in a thick, sticky, sweet & spicy Asian sauce.
Serve the tender chicken pieces over some jasmine rice, and you have an instant filling meal. Add some finely chopped green onions and some toasted sesame seeds as a garnish, and yum!
To Bread or Not to Bread
The choice to bread your chicken or to not bread your chicken is really up to you!
Do you like an added crunch? Panko bread crumbs give a desirable crunchy coating to your chicken that is a delicious combo with the sweet and spicy sauce.
However, if you'd like your dinner to feature less gluten, feel free to skip the breading step all together. Just simply cook your chicken thoroughly and toss your chicken pieces in the delicious sauce.
Either way, this meal is sure to please.
Here is an Asian rice bowl recipe from TBJ Gourmet for the perfect sticky chicken rice bowls! This email is wonderful year round, and also serves as a great leftover dish in your fridge for on-the-go days. Perfect for busy families!
Sticky Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe
There are many healthy asian bowl recipes out there, but this one from TBJ is fantastic!
*This recipe has been adapted by TBJ Gourmet from a recipe by A Wicked Whisk.
3 large chicken breasts
3 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
2 cups of TBJ Gourmet sweet chili bacon jam
1 cup of honey
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce optional
2/3 cup soy sauce
8 - 10 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoons fresh ginger grated - about 2 inch nubbie
4 cups water
4 cups instant jasmine rice
6 scallions scallions chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 - 2 tablespoons sriracha more or less to taste
- Preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse your chicken breasts under cold water and then pat them dry. Cut them into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add eggs to a medium sized bowl and beat. Place panko breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Coat your chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs, making sure that all sides are covered and coated.
- Move the coated chicken pieces to a baking sheet either sprayed with non-stick spray, covered in parchment paper or lined with a cooking rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking: In a large sized saucepan, add honey, chili bacon jam, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and sriracha. Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat. Stir often. Reduce temperature and simmer.
- Add your sesame seeds to a small saucepan, stirring continuously. Be careful not to burn them. Keem stirring them until they toasted. Remove from the pan and move to a small bowl.
- Next, make your rice for your sticky rice bowl: Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir in the instant rice, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Chop up your scallions.
- When your chicken is fully cooked, remove them from the oven and toss them in the sticky sauce. Coat the chicken pieces completely in the sticky sauce.
- To create a bowl: Spoon rice into the bottom of each bowl, top with the sticky chicken and garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Simple and Sweet
This simple and sweet sticky rice chicken meal with a pop of bacon jam is sure to be a favorite of yours.
It’s an easy meal to serve to both large and small crowds, and it is delicious alongside salads, and more.
You can adjust this recipe easily to be a chicken broccoli rice bowl. Toss in broccoli or your favorite cooked veggies for extra vitamins if you’d like. Some other veggie suggestions include: cooked corn pieces, green beans, sliced thin carrots, and more.
Another idea: make this an asian chicken noodle bowl by cooking your favorite noodles alongside the chicken instead of rice. Stir some extra sauce into your noodles for added sweetness. Equally delicious!
Toss in some peanuts for an added crunch!
It’s also nice when served alongside cold dishes, like: cucumber salads, sliced watermelon salad, crisp baby greens, and more.
To save the leftovers, simply place the sticky chicken in a sealed container, and the rice in a separate sealed container. Microwave a portion in a microwave safe bowl, and you have an instant fast meal! It’s even incredible when served cold. Enjoy every last bite!