Americana Bacon Jamtini
This is typically made with Guanciale, the only legitimate rival to bacon, but we don't have a Guanciale jam. Oh wait, I have an idea for later.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 can peeled tomatoes with juices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz The Bacon Jams Red Chile & Garlic Spreadable Bacon
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino or Parmesan
Set a heavy pan on medium-high heat and add oil. Add onion and garlic, then stir until caramelized. Crush the tomatoes with your hands (so much fun ) and add them to the mix. After 10 minutes, add in The Bacon Jams Red Chile & Garlic Spreadable Bacon. Continue stirring for another 5-10 minutes.
Salt and oil a pot of water while bringing it to a boil. Cook your pasta to just under your liking. Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce, then toss over heat until the pasta is like your uncle Larry... Fully sauced. Bowl it up and garnish with cheese.